Children with Autism Waiver
Family Frequently Asked Questions
What does the change in legislation do?
The new law does the following:
- Increases the age limit for entrance onto the waiver from a child’s sixth birthday to their eighth birthday;
- Allows a three year stay on the waiver for all children that enroll before their eighth birthday;
- Eliminates the waitlist and allows the enrollment cap to fluctuate based on need;
- Allows a onetime increase for the client annual expenditure from $25,000 to $30,000 and then allows the cap to fluctuate based on provider rate increases; and
- Provides an annual program evaluation to measure the overall effectiveness of the waiver services.
What are examples of benefits and services available through the Children with Autism Waiver?
- Behavioral therapy is the service provided on this waiver. The new law will not add any additional benefits or services but it will change the benefit…
View original post 510 more words